[NCLUG] ASUS eeePC

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Jan 4 00:37:47 MST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:37:08AM -0700, Daryl Goodman wrote:
> New to the group, hello.
>
> Is anyone thinking about buying this new eeePC (small form factor
> laptop). I was told the Linux on it is Debian based. This device may
> help mainstream Linux, at least according to a couple of articles I have
> read.
>
> Here is one of the vendors selling it:
> http://www.centralcomputers.com/corp/pages/ASUSeeePC.html
>
> Here is the ASUS site:  http://www.asus.com/
>
> I would like to see one before purchase.

I have a friend who has one, and she absolutely adores the thing, last I
checked.  It seems like a pretty solid piece of equipment in general.
The only problem might be the size -- be sure you want something that
small before you commit to it.

Dr. Ron Paul: "Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when
terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."