[NCLUG] downgrading libc6

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:37:52 MST 2008

herb:/var/cache/apt# dpkg-scanpackages -m archives /dev/null | gzip >
archives/Packages.gz

Is there any problems I should be aware of with using the above
command? It strikes me as inherently evil, but I couldn't tell you
why.

I've got an error in a java application I'll attach the "log" file it
gives. I suspect that it was caused by upgrading from
libc6_2.6.1-1+b1_i386.deb
libc6_2.7-5_i386.deb
Though I couldn't prove it except by downgrading. I have a backup that
works, I could try that chrooted, that may prove it... Nope, can't
connect to the X server. (duh)

This is the reprap host software that I'm talking about here, I kind
of need that.