[NCLUG] MythTV Presentation on Feb. 12

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:28:42 MST 2008

Though I've not tried this out myself, I've heard great things about

http://www.fiire.com/

they have a gyroscope based remote that I've seen demonstrated for LinuxMCE

Personally, I think this is a great concept- a company creating hardware
solutions for an open source software - very much the spirit of the thing :)

good luck!  Sorry I missed the demonstration- since I went to DirecTV HD
with it's own DVR there's been little justification for MythTV/LinuxMCE
- though I'd MUCH rather have that interface and flexibility.

So- the question is, does anyone know if it's possible to use DTV-HD
with MythTV?  I was under the impression that it's not, but you never
know- the DVRs HDDs at one time were encrypted linux drives, but I
haven't ripped open my unit to find out...  So breaking the encryption
wouldn't be very likely but if the same functions of the DVR could be
somehow emulated so that DTV doesn't know the difference (I know,
grasping at straws here).

To make matters worse- an increasing amount of content is locked out of
the Component video outputs (HDMI only).

And along the lines of this topic- I'm wondering if anyone on this list
works for Yellow Dog and would like to give a demonstration of
installing YellowDog onto a PS3?

Have a good week everyone!

-DJ