[NCLUG] Ubunto 8.04 - autoinstall of XP partitions

Goodman,Darrin Darrin.Goodman at ColoState.EDU
Tue Jul 22 09:16:15 MDT 2008

>   I now have a dual-boot system - Ubuntu, XP Pro.  I need to
>   automount the XP partitions so that they are mounted when I logon
>   to Ubuntu. I am able to use the CLI and type the  mount  command.
>   This will mount the drives for the active session; but this is
>   lost when I logoff.

The new version of Nautilus, which is the default file manager that is packaged with Ubuntu 8.04, has a feature built into it that will allow you to easily mount your drive.  I do not have any experience with using this feature with a partitioned drive, but I do use it with mounting a secondary SATA drive.  When I open Nautilus, I can see my secondary drive listed on the left side.  If I have not clicked on the drive name, then the drive is not mounted, but once I click on the drive name, the drive mounts, and all is good.  I have not seen this functionality in any previous version of Nautilus.

Does this feature not work the same way for you with your other drive partitions?

- Darrin