[NCLUG] Re: DSL Throttling or General Congestion?

Ben West mrgenixus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:52:47 MDT 2008

the fact is, DSL is and always will be a shared-access medium, it would be
fraudulent for them to sell you a higher service level, considering they
can't currently provide you with your maximum allocation...  You're
proposing to pay for a bigger buffet at a restaurant where they can't keep
all the food-stations full to begin with....  perhaps if you need more
bandwidth, you should find out if they have any dedicated-access options
available?