[NCLUG] Good news from the hardware front

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Thu Mar 20 18:49:46 MDT 2008

Well, I noticed that Big Lots was selling a 1G USB thumbdrive for $8,
and I was there any way to buy some Easter candy.  Now you may wonder
why I am even bothering to mention this here.

It is made by Kingston, and while they are respectable, that is still no
reason to mention it.

The reason I mention it is that on the back, the supported OS's are
listed as Windows Vista, 2000 SP3, XP SP1, Mac OS 10.x and above, and
....    Linux 2.4 and above.

Maybe some people are actually noticing that we buy stuff, and if it
does generic USB mass storage, they don't need drivers, and that
printing that little acknowledgment there costs them almost nothing.

I hope more people buy their products because of this.