[NCLUG] Greetings and amazing offer

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Fri Mar 21 15:14:41 MDT 2008

> Cool. Thanks. I will let her know to get her act together. She was a bit
> apprehensive about doing this but I told her it will be easy because
> everyone loves to see kids using FLOSS. Being 11 I'm not sure to what extent
> she can network and she knows almost zero about programing (I did make her
> write a script from a book and run it) but I hope people will find it
> interesting to see what she did and the experience of just presenting will
> be invaluable.
I remarked to James that maybe along the lines of the "Linux in
Education" idea for a talk that it might be a good idea to have some
students present on their experiences with linux at a future NCLUG
meeting.  I think this is a great idea.

By the way, my little brother is 12, enamored with video games (as I was
when I was younger), and he's determined to be the guy who designs video
games when he gets older.   I introduced him to python, and he started
getting it, and then panned out.  I went out and bought a ShowMeDo
subscription (http://www.showmedo.com) for him ($60/yr).  It has
interactive tutorials on all sorts of activities, many of which are
python based.  He took off with them.  Might be a good idea for your
daughter as well.

We look forward to hearing from her!

Paul