[NCLUG] Good news from the hardware front

Goodman,Darrin Darrin.Goodman at ColoState.EDU
Fri Mar 28 08:39:02 MDT 2008

> I found Kingston USB flash drives on sale at Circuit City, near
> College
> and Harmony.  They're selling 1GB for about $8, and 2GB for about
> $15 or
> $16.  Now I just need to find a really fantastic deal on something
> bigger
> than 4GB, and I'll be set.  I might even be satisfied with just 4GB,
> as
> long as it's from a company I don't want to avoid (like Sony).  I'd
> rather buy hardware from Microsoft than Sony, frankly.

You can purchase an 8 GB Kingston USB flash drive from Buy.com for $31.95 with free shipping.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204561465&adid=17070&dcaid=17070

Also, take any old internal hard drive that you might have lying around (IDE or SATA), hook it up to one of these and you've got yourself a semi-portable USB drive:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020&cpc=RECOM

- Darrin