[NCLUG] laptop wireless, anyone got a USB 802.11b adapter?

Rich Young rich at experienceplus.com
Tue May 13 14:40:18 MDT 2008

If you're married to Fedora 8, I'd strongly advise you to try before
buying.  My laptop came with built-in Atheros wireless, and I have a
supposedly Linux-friendly USB wireless adaptor, and Fedora 8 never ran
either successfully.

Both the external and built-in devices have "just worked" with other
distros I've tried - Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibbon & Hoary Heron) and Puppy, to
be precise.

Since wireless is such an important feature for a laptop, I ended up
abandoning Fedora and have switched to Ubuntu.  In the end, it was just
easier.

I'm Rich Young, and I approved this message.