[NCLUG] laptop wireless, anyone got a USB 802.11b adapter?

danbob danbob at hughes.net
Tue May 13 20:23:20 MDT 2008

I agree on the Ubuntu, Rich. I had Fedora on a Dell D600 laptop, didn't
want to deal with ndiswrapper, and the internal Intel 2200 B/G Wireless
NIC never did work. When I installed Ubuntu on the machine, it didn't
either....but all I did to fix it was put in my "magic" Orinoco wireless
card and apply all the updates via the web. After that it saw the
internal Intel card just fine, and I have the Orinoco external card
stored in the closet for the next recalcitrant laptop I come across.

DAN