[NCLUG] advice about starting a LUG like NCLUG

S. Luke Jones slukejones at gmail.com
Wed May 14 18:24:14 MDT 2008

(Apologies if this is still in-transit. It's been 90 minutes and isn't
there yet, so hence do I therefore re-send thusly.)

I'm in California's high desert (halfway between Palm Springs and Las
Vegas, i.e., Nowhere) and there's nothing like a LUG anywhere nearby.
But I've been asking around at the local community college and some of
the computer stores and I think there might be some interest if one
were to be started. I was wondering if any of the NCLUG old-timers
could give me tips about starting a LUG: how much to charge for dues,
for example, and how to keep out the riff-raff, that sort of thing.
:-)

As a point of reference, I joined NCLUG in ~ 1997 during the Loeske
Administration, when it was still meeting at that pizzeria across from
the

S. Luke Jones - slukejones at gmail.com