[NCLUG] laptop wireless, anyone got a USB 802.11b adapter?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon May 19 21:02:24 MDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM, <hugh at mahon.cwx.net> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm typing this on my laptop (an HP Mini-Note) via the internal
> wireless interface.  The short version is that by building the latest
> version of the kernel (2.6.25.4) I was able to get things to work.

Wait a minute. You have an HP mini-note? One of these
http://h40059.www4.hp.com/hp2133/? Cool. What do you think of it? I'm
confused though. I thought the mini-note came with wifi working out of the
box. I also thought there wasn't any way to boot a USB drive in order to
install a different OS. They come with Suse, right? Any got Fedora
installed? Can you provide any info on what/how you did that?

Thanks.
----
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----