[NCLUG] Bandwidth throttling when SIP connection is in progress.

Andrew Gilmore agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Sat Oct 11 08:49:00 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
> From:  "John Gilmore" <jgilmore at glycou.com>

> I'd like to setup my firewall to severely throttle all TCP traffic
> when there is a SIP connection in progress.

To solve a similar problem, I ended up using shorewall to handle my firewall and used its traffic shaping setup. I had a variable bandwidth connection, so it didn't work all that well. Almost all of the howtos on the net don't really address that case without going full on into the TC syntax etc.

Andrew :-P