[NCLUG] Denver OpenStreetMap mapping party Oct 18-19

Richard Weait osm-ftcollins at weait.com
Tue Oct 14 21:09:41 MDT 2008

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 08:29:33PM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
>>
>> OpenStreetMap is both an Open Source project and a source of Free
>> GeoData.
>>  A sort of Wikipedia for maps.  Join us at the mapping party next
>> weekend
>> and we'll show you some of the amazing things OSM can do.  Like run on
>> your Linux-lovin' devices.  Handhelds, PDAs and UMPCs even.  And we'll
>> show you how you can contribute to the map of everything.
>
> Does it run on FreeBSD?

Yes and no.  OpenStreetMap in the svn repo is a collection of many tools.
from bash scripts to perl / python / pwhatever.  Several user-facing tools
are  built for the browser.

So I have no direct experience running these tools on *BSD but from what
little I know of the *BSDs.  Well, they have browsers, right?  ;-)