[NCLUG] Python Rox

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Oct 15 14:52:47 MDT 2008

As some of you may know I work at Windsor high school. I was talking with
our programming teacher and she was saying she would love to teach Python
but didn't have time to learn it. From what little I've played with it I
told her it was pretty easy and she seemed interested. I was wondering if
any of the Pythoners on the list would ever consider any kind of mini cram
course to help people get started. I bet we could run in one our labs here
(all windows based now but that shouldn't matter, should it?).

Right now she does VB and C++. Can Python be programed in any way similar to
the "build a gui" model of VB? I don't if that is important or not but just
curious.

Thanks.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)