[NCLUG] Python Rox

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Fri Oct 17 10:11:52 MDT 2008

On Fri, October 17, 2008 9:54 am, Goodman,Darrin wrote:
> Regarding having multiple instructors, I wonder if that might make it more
> difficult in terms of consistency of information delivery from instructor
> to student.  However, multiple instructors (possibly for different
> sessions) does mean that we get to see how one person might approach a
> problem differently than another instructor.  Initially though, for us
> Python noobs, I wonder if just having one or two competent people help us
> get off the ground would be better than having several instructors?

One thought on this; I would expect any teaching of Python to involve some
lab work as part of the session; learning works best when you try/repeat
what you've learned.

For that component at least, I'd imagine having multiple people on hand to
help out would probably be useful, to ensure a good student<->helper
ratio. Maybe they're not "instructors" but "lab assistants" (they were at
my university), but whatever!