[NCLUG] skybeam promo code

agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Thu Oct 30 16:45:34 MDT 2008

Anyone on the list considering Skybeam for internet service? Apparently
they had a "free install" promotion running and I am trying to find out
more information about that deal and about their service in general.

They use Motorola Canopy products as their network, which are DES
encrypted point to point wireless on licensed spectrum. They don't have
the usual issues with WiFi for internet service, and also don't require
cable or telephone service to get an ISP. I was very pleased with my
previous ISP (Wireless Beehive in Utah) that also used Canopy.

Thanks for any info you have, including the promotion code or a copy of
their flyer.

Andrew