[NCLUG] skybeam promo code

Brian Talley b225ccc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:15:02 MDT 2008

Andrew,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM,  <agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com> wrote:
> Anyone on the list considering Skybeam for internet service? Apparently
> they had a "free install" promotion running and I am trying to find out
> more information about that deal and about their service in general.

I'm an employee at Skybeam.  I just spoke to someone in Sales and we
don't currently have any promotions running right now, unfortunately.
However, there are supposedly some free install vouchers floating
around that we're still honoring.  Maybe someone on the list has one
and will speak up...  I'll see if I can find anything else out
tomorrow - if I do, I'll post to the list.

> They use Motorola Canopy products as their network, which are DES
> encrypted point to point wireless on licensed spectrum. They don't have
> the usual issues with WiFi for internet service, and also don't require
> cable or telephone service to get an ISP. I was very pleased with my
> previous ISP (Wireless Beehive in Utah) that also used Canopy.

Motorola Canopy gear actually operates in the _un_licensed spectrum.
We also supplement our infrastructure with plenty of (non-Motorola)
licensed point-to-point links as well.

--
Brian Talley
b225ccc at gmail.com