[NCLUG] VCS howto - CRY FOR HELP

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Oct 31 14:17:05 MDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 04:35:31AM -0600, Ben West wrote:
> This is gonna go off-topic in a hurry... If that's posisble? ^^
>
> I-been chatting on the #chan with good part of you regular folks last couple
> days about launchpad and my management app, and I was thinking that while I
> cannot do so, it might be nice if someone who understands could give a talk
> on, say, how branching works in a VCS and how one does releases and such,
> and in my case, something more than a "lightning talk" would be a
> ppropriate.   Many of you are goinng to respond via the list, which is
> great, but I'd really like someone to just show me -- it might not make a
> difference to you, but a little hand-holding goes a long way for me toward
> understanding.  What's more, with what's going on with my side-business atm,
> I"m pretty busy, except as I take time out to do something specific (like
> this) so just having info from the list will probably never get me there.
>
> If somebody would be interested in just meeting me at everyday joes or the
> bean cycle and giving me a HOWTO, that would be fantastic.
>
> I'd really like to learn how this whole open-source community works, and any
> help would be great.

Actually, a talk on Mercury or Git would be great, as long as it's
informative and organized, and oriented toward teaching practical skills
rather than proselytizing or providing a survey of its characteristics or
how the presenter uses it.  I second the motion.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Dennis Miller: "Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian Cat away