[NCLUG] Fort Collins Pythonistas Kickoff Meeting - 6 Nov 2008 @6 pm

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Oct 31 15:21:51 MDT 2008

bsimpson at att.net wrote:
> I've heard about "Dive Into Python", but the copyright is
> 2004.  Since having a recent release of Python (i.e. 2.6)

The nature of books is such that they are almost always out of date in
relation to fast moving things.  I doubt there will be any book you can
find that will cover Python 2.6 specifically, as it was released a few
weeks ago.

There is a list of a bunch of books at:

   http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks

My recommendation for books is always to go someplace that has some and
spend some time looking at them to see which ones seem like the best fit
for *YOU* -- everyone is different.  However, I consistently see
recommendations for Dive Into Python and How To Think Like a Computer
Scientist and Python Essential Reference (which, as the name implies, is a
reference).