[NCLUG] root/superuser pwd question

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Wed Sep 10 12:14:59 MDT 2008

Ben West wrote:

> Exercise your choice, but don't rant about this broken-throw-away attitude,
> the fact that installation is as easy as it is, is a feature, not a bug; and
> for the average user, a godsend.

Very true, and the proof is that I keep a Kubuntu system up so I can
answer the occasional question for some friends, who would not be using
Linux at all if it were not for Ubuntu. Those questions are getting
fewer and fewer, BTW.

But I do sometimes get frustrated, just as a mechanic would when told
that a car "makes a whooshing sound", or something similar, by a
non-mechanic customer.

beww