[NCLUG] root/superuser pwd question

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Wed Sep 10 22:23:26 MDT 2008

Scott Scriven wrote:

> "The single biggest problem with free software, for "normal"
> users, is that it inflicts too much choice."

At first your comment made no sense to me, but now that I think of it
people don't want a lot of choice in a some areas.

Certainly if I had to choose which cow, how it was processed, what type
of saw cut it, etc etc, I'd never buy a steak. I just want the one that
looks good to me.

But it would be hard to convince the butcher to not be interested in
those matters, I'm happy to pay him to pay attention to such matters.

Too much choice can be a problem indeed.

beww