[NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu)

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Sat Sep 13 09:23:56 MDT 2008

> 2. I was given the CD-ROM for Ubuntu 7.1 .  I went through the OS install (twice).  After
>     removing the CD-ROM, I re-booted; after the Ubuntu logo and the moving orange band stopped,
>     I was left with a black screen (twice).  I was not able to proceed any further.  So I am able to go
>     through the install process, but I am not able to re-boot.
>     Anyone know what may cause this?

If the orange bar is on the screen, there are also unseen messages
(normal looking linux boot with a mess of incomprehensible messages)
hiding on terminal one.

Try hitting ESC or CTRFL-F1 or even CTRL-ALT-F1.   If you can get to the
text screen, maybe you can see the error and then it can be fixed.

I think that if someone who has done this before could help you, it may
be fixable very quickly.   Post your general location (Western half of
Ft Collins, Welling, Cheyenne, etc.) and someone can reply privately so
that you can work out a time and you don't have to tell everyone your
exact location.

I am east of Cheyenne, so, if you are in Wyoming, I may be able to help.