[NCLUG] flame war

Mike Loseke mike.loseke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:25:23 MDT 2008

I would just like to point out that I didn't start this one. :)

But one bit of advice I can offer here would be to not read a flame-war from
the perspective of looking for something to pour fuel on.  Instead, mine the
thread for information.  Sometimes there's quite a bit of it -- especially
on a list like this where we have some very intelligent and involved
people.  Don't pick a side, just read it and maybe learn something new.

And to the general point of etiquette that was raised, we should all try to
change the subject line when changing the subject/topic of discussion to
separate it from any ongoing relevant messages.

Mike!