[NCLUG] Problem loading the PCs with Ubuntu standard ISO

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Sep 15 17:52:58 MDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Paul Hummer <paul at eventuallyanyway.com>wrote:

> > I had a number of PCs in my house that did not like to install  from the
> standard Ubuntu CD. I was able to download the alternate CD and install just
> fine. I can't explain why but some PCs don't like the standard ISO image.
> This problem seemed to start with version 7 and continues with version 8.
>  Using the alternate CD helped me with my difficult installs. Maybe this
> will work for you.
> >

> How much memory do you have in these systems?  I think they suggest
> 256MB for the standard install.

That is right but I'll add that you also need to have 384mb to run the hardy
live CD which is up from 256mb for earlier versions. if you have less than
384mb you are encouraged (required?) to use the alternate CD and less than
256mb you probably need xubuntu.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----