Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Sep 18 16:46:43 MDT 2008

There is a huge difference between making the best product available for
whoever can use it, and advocating that use, over any form of domination
which stiffles other ideas. From Wikipedia, *Domination* is the
condition of having control or power over people, animals, or things.

Choice, diversity, are very good things in technology as they promote
growth and improvement ... Domination and monopoly are not, even if open
source. I'd much rather see goals based on providing diverse products
that people follow, rather than eliminating competing ideas with a sharp
focus on domination.

John