[NCLUG] Re: NCLUG Digest, Vol 184, Issue 15

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Sep 18 19:09:52 MDT 2008

Assumptions can be very misleading ...

I happen to support Linux actively, it is great software, and provides a
valuable contribution to society. That is very different from supporting
other radical Linux backers that have a broader agenda, and open hate of
non-linux or proprietary software.

I did not claim iauthorship as a natural right, I do claim authorship as
a legal right in the USA. I really don't care about, or care to debate,
that right is not universal on this planet.

I do not claim that advocating free software will lead to loss of author
rights, so their is no logical fallacy. Free public domain author ship
has existed as long as copyright, and offers authors a choice ... as
does licenses of all types, including BSD and GPL I do object that there
are radical advocates of free software, including RMS, which do however
which to remove the rights of proprietary software authors and companies.

There is a very clear reason to have public domain and restricted
licensed (BSD, GPL) "free" software and other creative works, and I
actively support that. You are very confused if you do not understand
the difference.

I do not support those that wish to co-opt the free software movement to
be the free monopoly software movement.

John