Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

Rob Bayerl verigoth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:44:37 MDT 2008

On 9/19/08, Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
> How do you feel about busking?

For reference..I had to look it up ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busking

This I can agree as acceptable.  I suppose I should clarify that I do
not necessarily believe that musicians should not get something for
their work.  More simply I do not think they should gain considerable
wealth for themselves and everyone associated with them (e.g. record
studios/producers/fat cats).  But this is a different venue because
the performance is real and not "perfected" (recorded, mixed, and
sampled), and the entertainment is (usually) of considerably higher
quality.  I think the distribution of wealth is skewed in many areas
of this country, but none are as obvious as the entertainment
industry.  It is probable that many football players make more money
in one year than most families from their neighborhood make in a
lifetime.