[NCLUG] [OT] Old "vintage" computers

Yuri Csapo ycsapo at mines.edu
Mon Apr 6 08:31:55 MDT 2009

We have plans (or used to have before recent budget concerns) for a
computer museum here at the Colorado School of Mines. We already have
some great stuff such as a PDP-5 in working condition. I'll look into it
and see what we can do about it. For starters, where exactly is this
located?

Thanks

Yuri

Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:

> Recently Dave Wild, IT Manager at CollegeAmerica (where NCLUG meets and where I used to meet) contacted me about possibly getting rid of a couple old computers that used to be a part of my "computing museum" there at the college. I picked up a platinum Mac Plus, but the following may be available:
>    1) a beige Mac Plus (not sure whether they were giving this guy away)
>    2) a platinum Mac SE (with internal HD).
>    3) A PowerMac 7500/75
>
> Last I checked, these all still work and boot. There is also a functional IBM PS/1 model 2011 computer and a non-functional Tandy TRS-80. If you have an interest in these vintage computers, talk to Dave Wild or Dawn Banks at the college for more information.
>
> I've been trying to find homes for this old hardware in various mailing lists, but so far everything has fallen through (mostly because most out-of-towners balk at the prospect of paying to ship these!). I understand they need the space for other things, so I'm doing my best to try and keep these from ending up in a landfill (or worst, in my tiny condo, where a lot of stuff like this tends to end up!)
>
> -- Marcio

Yuri Csapo
Academic Computing & Networking
Colorado School of Mines
CT-256
Phone:  (303) 273-3503
Fax:      (303) 273-3475
Email:   ycsapo at mines.edu

Please use the following link to open a service request:
http://helpdesk.mines.edu