[NCLUG] Suggestions for a distro change

Yuri Csapo ycsapo at mines.edu
Tue Apr 7 11:14:34 MDT 2009

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I'd disagree. Windows was made popular by it being the defacto distro
> shipped on new machines. The vast majority of users will use that
> because its there, no matter how easy it is to replace, it still takes
> some effort. ;)

Kevin, that comment (a poor attempt at) a joke. I'm sure all here could
write at least a couple of books on how Windows took over the world, how
RedHat came to be the de facto standard and why their favorite distro is
better :-)

--
Yuri Csapo
Academic Computing & Networking
Email:   ycsapo at mines.edu

Please use the following link to open a service request:
http://helpdesk.mines.edu