[NCLUG] Linksys WRT54GL for $48 at newegg

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 6 20:21:13 MDT 2009

On 08/06/2009 03:11 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> *different* model then it won't be flakey!".  Anybody have any
> recommendations of reliable wireless routers (on which I can install
> my own firmware e.g. OpenWRT of course) which *isn't* a Linksys

There are several hundred different models that are supported which are
listed at:

   http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

The Soekris 4801 is very nice, but probably not what you want to be looking
at.  :-)  I'd personally recommend the Linksys WRT-54GL.  We have a client
with hundreds of these in the field with pretty good luck.