[NCLUG] Fedora upgrade

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Dec 23 18:49:27 MST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:55:27 +0000
bonnell-frost at att.net wrote:

> I am trying to get my system upgraded using "preupgrade".  I have
> entered the program and tried to let it run to completion.  It tells
> me to logoff.  When I log on again, no sign of preupgrade.  Better
> way to do this?  I originally signed up as bfrost at acm.org, but I
> can't easily send email from that address. Bonnell Frost

Take a look at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_PreUpgrade
and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#Issues_when_upgrading_from_previous_releases

Basically the old default /boot size is too small for preupgrade, and
it gets confused. ;(

Make sure you have the latest preupgrade, and see above for how to free
up space on /boot so it can continue, or trick it into downloading the
install images during upgrade.

Hope that helps...

kevin