[NCLUG] linux for old 95 machine?

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 27 10:05:37 MST 2009

That definitely squares with my experience -- sorry if that wasn't clear in my previous post.

Many people like Debian because it can be made less complicated.  Unfortunately, when dealing with older machines, it's not always possible to make even a minimal installation work and hope to weed out unnecessary things later.  In some cases, particularly with Slackware, it is possible to strip an installation down tremendously but that takes a lot of time which might be better used finding a more contemporary machine.