[NCLUG] linux for old 95 machine?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Dec 28 13:45:54 MST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:25:45PM -0700, Goodman,Darrin wrote:

> Regarding email: DSL comes with Sylpheed, which is a light-weight email
> client.  I've never used it since I use Gmail, but having looked at the
> configuration at some point in the past, Sylpheed seems relatively easy
> to configure (probably no harder than Thunderbird, Evolution, or any of
> the others).

It also supports a decent security feature set, such as GnuPG, without
having to jump through a bunch of configuration file hoops the way I do
to get Mutt to use GnuPG (and TLS encrypted sessions with the server).
It's a good choice for less technically oriented users if you want to
edge them toward greater online security.