[NCLUG] wifi adapter wanted

bsimpson at att.net bsimpson at att.net
Sun Feb 8 17:42:19 MST 2009

> Anyone have a USB type wifi adapter known to work with Linux that they're
> looking to sell cheap? I've given up trying to get the wifi working on an
> iMac. Wireless G is fine. Nothing fancy.

You might try LikeNewPCs at 4020 S College in Fort Collins.  Last May
I was looking for a PCMCIA version of the above.  I brought my laptop
with me and they had a pile of used wifi cards.  I proceeded to plug
in one card after another until Linux recognized the card.  I bought
that one from them for $20, and it continues to work just fine.

Brian S