[NCLUG] Re: xbox install - anybody got a dongle/game DVD

John Gilmore jgilmore at glycou.com
Sat Jan 10 11:34:40 MST 2009

My motivation here is the fact that I gave my TiVo back when I quit my job
with TiVo tech support. I was using it (my children were using it) just as a
way of accessing all the media (music and movies both) on my computer. So I
figure a modded xbox running mythTV would work wonderfully. And maybe I
could run an emulator or two as well, that would be nice. We miss our TiVo.

I tried to buy a chip last week, but the purchase wouldn't go through - got
a server error. I couldn't find anybody to buy a chip from that would take
PayPal.