[NCLUG] question

William "Bill" Mohr mr.mohr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:47:48 MDT 2009

Hi folks.

I am a lurker and, since I am struggling with an issue, thought I would pose
a question to see if someone from the group could help.

I am running 3 penguins with FreeBSD 7.1.  Two of them are name servers and
one is a web server for my domain.  None of them have a GUI of any type
installed as I wanted to go hardcore!  J

I successfully configured bind and everything is working fine.  until my
brother asked me to host a website for him.  So I have virtual hosts
configured on my Apache22 web server and my site is up and working fine but
I don't exactly know what to do about my zone files when hosting two domains
on the same web server.

I tried adding an A record to my existing zone file but found out that was
incorrect so I am thinking I need another zone file for the new domain but
since it points to the same web server I have become a little confused.

Can anyone give me some clarification as to how configure bind / zones when
hosting multiple domains on a single web server?  I would sure appreciate
some information..

Sincerely,

William "Bill" Mohr

825 Parkview Drive