[NCLUG] RHEL Upgrade 4.6-4.8

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Nov 9 19:39:38 MST 2009

>>>>> "Grant" == grant  <grant at amadensor.com> writes:

Grant> We are looking at upgrading some machines from 4.6 to 4.8.  The
Grant> production machines are getting new hardware and need the newer
Grant> kernel to work.

Since the new HW isn't in production yet, a good strategy might be to
install the final configuration onto one of the new servers, and test
it there.

That can happen in parallel to reading the release notes and looking
for things that might affect your situation, but with the amount of
dependencies involved in modern installs, I doubt that anyone can
really read such a list and determine whether or not their suite of
packages is affected.

Good luck,
t.