[NCLUG] Distributed attack

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Thu Oct 1 13:54:03 MDT 2009

Mine has gone from a few a day to hundreds per hour, if not hundreds per
minute.   The interesting things are how much it has increased, and the
fact that as far as I can tell, I have only seen each host once.  This
makes me think botnet.   Kind of cool in a twisted kind of way.  I like
the plan of never using the same host twice.   It make it much harder to
block, but even more interestingly, it give an idea of the scope and size
of botnets.