[NCLUG] Netbook

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:52:01 MDT 2009

Keyboard is critical, IMHO!

I recently returned a very nice Lenovo IdeaPad because the right shift
drove me crazy.  A shame too, because the weight and dimensions of that
unit were great (battery life was about 3 hrs- the Asus is the best for
battery life).

Alternatives are the Dell Mini and the Acer Aspire.  The Dell has a
better warranty available, but really- a $300 laptop doesn't really need
a warranty, does it?

If you have a Sam's club membership I know they are selling both there
for a good price ($289 and 299).
You can order the Dell with Ubuntu installed - in fact give us a call if
you want us to order one for you customized.  We're the largest Dell
reseller in NoCo so we get some interesting deals on customized systems.

TechSmart:  498-0808

-DJ