[NCLUG] Netbook

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Sep 23 13:32:43 MDT 2009

On 09/23/2009 10:06 AM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> I'm holding out for an ARM-based netbook.  (Which I guess is going to

I also was holding out for an ARM-based netbook, because they were supposed
to be out in July en mass.  That never really happened, the Always
Innovating one is the only one I've seen that you can (kind of) buy right
now.  But I was also not that happy with the only 128MB of RAM.

Oh and on the "good antenna" question.  It's not the antenna so much as the
wireless card.  When I was at PyCon I could never get a reliable connection
from my Eee (except before all the attendees arrived).  Apparently, a
common upgrade is to put an Intel wireless card in there, which provides
much better network performance, but also draws more power.

Just FYI.