[NCLUG] mbox -> maildir

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 13 13:58:51 MDT 2010

On 04/06/2010 06:34 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> I use Maildir format and mbox format side by side routinely for my

That seems reasonable, but I don't think that Dovecot supports that on the
server side, and I wish it did.  For highly dynamic mailboxes, maildir is
nice.  But for more static ones, mbox has advantages, particularly in terms
of backups and not having to have bajillions of little files all over the
place.

For people's spam boxes that never get cleaned out, mbox is much better
than having hundreds of thousands of files in a directory.