[NCLUG] Google gigabit networking bid for Fort Collins.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 13 14:36:35 MDT 2010

On 04/03/2010 03:26 PM, jcrout at softhome.net wrote:
> Any word back from CIO, Sean?

Yes, I have exchanged several very nice e-mails with him and while he can't
officially support it with resources, it sounds like he's on-board to help
out wherever he can.

I've been doing research and there's a lot to do to get it moving.  My next
big steps include:

   Getting a basic website up, I have the fcfiber.com/net/org domains.

   Have a survey up asking people to register if they are interested and
   asking about what sort of funding model they'd be interested in.

   Create the business structure, I'm thinking it would be a
   telecommunications cooperative.

   Establish a leaflet or similar campaign to find locations with enough
   interest.

   Start establishing relationships with local providers.

   Find a quarter million dollars to cable the first thousand houses.

So, that's where I'm at at the moment.

If anyone is interested in helping on this, please let me know.  The more time
I spend on it, the more doable I think it is.