[NCLUG] Perplexing wireless issue - Voodoo accepted

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sun Feb 7 23:28:27 MST 2010

> I think it's specifically between the laptop's wireless and the router's
> wireless.  I can plug into the router directly with this laptop and
> everything is fine.

Hmm I think that rules out ECN, but...

> The Buffalo router was hooked into the peer ports of the router, behind NAT.
> It got an IP fine.  I connected to the Buffalo router via wireless and got
> an IP address just fine.

Was the buffalo running a DHCP server or was reply coming from the wrt?

> I'm using Karmic, and this returned 2.

Weird, it should be 0 or 1. I don't know what 2 is supposed to mean, but it
might be doing the same thing at 1 (which is on). It might not hurt to try
setting it to 0 just to make sure.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org