[NCLUG] Hacker Space Anyone?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Jan 6 09:01:02 MST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 08:19:31AM -0700, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> I love the hackerspaces idea, especially Noisebridge in San
> Francisco, which follows the non-profit clubhouse approach and
> includes some arts and crafts and some bio hacking.  I'm located in
> Boulder, so I wouldn't actually show up at a hackerspace in Fort
> Collins very often, but I'll be watching closely through the net to
> see how it goes!

Boulder has a hackerspace called Winter in the Bunker that's open
something like September through April.  Of course, it's also something
like a $200 per month membership per person, which makes all of its talk
about being "community" driven seem a little ironic.

I, for one, simply cannot afford $200 per month to make technically
oriented friends.