[NCLUG] Any interest in another 3-hour Python intro?

Goodman,Darrin Darrin.Goodman at ColoState.EDU
Tue Mar 9 14:19:58 MST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: nclug-bounces at lists.nclug.org [mailto:nclug-bounces at lists.nclug.org] On Behalf Of Paul Hummer

> Just a heads up, I've got a few prospects for the pythonistas group again, and I'd like to kick
> that off with a similar training session intro to Django/Google App Engine. I wonder if we might
> be able to combine these efforts.

Hi Paul,

I'm a Python noob but am trying to learn more as I have time, and I'd potentially be interested in being a part of the Pythonistas group assuming that noob's are welcome.  Also, I have a some ideas for some business-related websites that I'm interested in lunching and am interested in researching Django and Joomla in an effort to determine which would be a better platform for my purposes (or if I should just create a custom web app).  I understand that Django is Python based.  Since my comforts lie more in the realm of x/html, css, php, asp, etc., I was leaning towards Joomla, but I'd really like to learn more about Django from someone who has more experience with using it.  If you are planning to do a training session on Django (as well as the Google App Engine), I'd be really interested in participating.

Thanks!

-Darrin