[NCLUG] COBOL Compiler for Linux?

Bill Thorson bill at tstorms.com
Fri Mar 19 12:13:56 MDT 2010

Rick,

I remembered there was a GNU Cobol project.  I think this might be it.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cobolforgcc/

Not sure the state of the compiler, but, worth a look.

I haven't even seen a Cobol program since 1982.  I once heard there was
an idea of creating an object oriented Cobol like C++ is to C.  They
even had a name following the tradition of C++ name convention.  It was
to be called "Add 1 to Cobol giving Cobol"

Bill