[NCLUG] SSH on Android

James DeWitt dangerjim at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 16:43:36 MDT 2010

Chad,

ConnectBot is a good and free SSH client for Android.

AndFTP seems likewise to be a good FTP/SFTP/FTPS client, but I have only used it a little.  Have you tried this one?

Some apps seem to not be able or willing to accept self-signed certificates, but others can.  Not sure if AndFTP does, but it is a defect, in my opinion.

As to command line and bundling issues, if you have root on your phone, you may be able to port some things to it. However, since it has very limited memory and native libraries, it is probably not worth it.

Hope this helps,
JD

JD