[NCLUG] mythbuntu?

Rob Elsner thatsnotright at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 18:12:26 MDT 2010

> The Roku box actually runs Linux, but uses a special chip for the DRM. Boxee can do Netflix if you use PlayOn.

Boxee can do Netflix, on Windows.  It has a plugin for it to
"natively" play Netflix movies (looks like it basically embeds the
Silverlight control).  I don't know about the BoxeeBox, I'm not much
interested in such devices.

If you don't want HD, I'm still really liking my xbox with XBMC.
Though, I gather the XBMC Windows/Linux versions are far better.

Also, you could consider the xbox360, I have a friend who really likes
the Netflix application on it.  I am unsure of other media
capabilities.

Rob