[NCLUG] Free computer/electronics stuff

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Sun Jan 9 18:10:30 MST 2011

I have a bunch of stuff looking for a good home. It's all free, unless
you want to give me cash for it! I can bring it to any NCLUG, hacking
society, gaming night, ...; just let me know off-list.

Pentium 1.6GHz desktop, 640M RAM, nice ATX? case, 30G drive (showed some
SMART errors in the past, but not during a full badblocks -w run nor a
SMART long test yesterday), 160G PATA drive (no errors during badblocks,
nor SMART long test, nor in history), floppy, 44X CD-ROM, parallel and
serial ports, USB, firewire PCI card, ... Booted Jaunty live and CentOS
5 install CDs fine. No power supply

2 pairs of mains-powered amplified PC speakers (each is a stereo pair,
not surround). Volume controls might be a bit noisy on one/both, but I
think they otherwise work fine.

2 PS/2 mice (1 Belkin 3 button, 1 Logitech 2 button with scroll wheel)

1 PS2 keyboard (Logitech with the funny angled two section
allegedly-ergonomic design)

1 PS/2+VGA 4-port Belkin Omni-Cube KVM with 4 ~6foot cables.

1 Western Telematics (WTI) network power switch. Serial or Ethernet
(telnet) control. 8 switched ports. Fundamentally works, but keeps
blowing the fuse every few weeks or months. I do have a few spare if you
remind me.

S3 Chrome GTX 440 PCI-Express graphics card, includes DVI->VGA adapter IIRC.

1 large microphone (looks like a "real" mic, not a crappy PC lapel mic)
with 3.5mm jack. IIRC, this didn't work well with my PC mic input when I
bought it, but did fine with my pro-sumer video camera.